[Openswan Users] Is this configuration possible??

Gary Danko gdanko at s00p.com
Mon May 16 11:44:31 CEST 2005

I've done quite a bit of research and I am led to believe my desired
configuration is not possible. Have a look at my small ASCII diagram and
let me know if you think I can pull this off.

<--- Begin Diagram --->
10.0.0.0/24 (Private HQ network)

10.0.0.1 (Smoothwall 2.0 w/Openswan 1.0.8 GREEN interface)
68.xx.xx.34 (Smoothwall RED interface)

Public Internet

209.xx.xx.244 (OpenSwan 2.3.1 on FC3 LeftIP)
209.xx.xx.0/24 (OpenSwan 2.3.1 on FC3 LeftSubnet, public COLO network)
<--- End Diagram --->

All of my reading has told me that because my LeftIP and LeftSubnet are on
the same network I cannot have a VPN connection between my co-location
facility and my HQ's network.

Is there a way to facilitate this configration that I have overlooked?
I've checked documentation, usenet, the web, forums, and so forth.. I
cannot find anything supporting this sort of configuration.

Thanks in advance.