[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.2.0 - Strange behaviour

Werner Otto werner.otto at thecloud.net
Mon May 16 15:34:10 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am running OpenSWAN 2.2.0 on a Fedore Core 3 Dell 2850. When rebooting
the server it comes back up and ipsec starts-up by adding all the
profiles from ipsec.conf. While this is happening when doing an ipsec
auto status | grep [profile-in-ipsec.conf] it seems to get stuck on a
random profile during the connection process. This then stops any other
devices from connecting. The devices are 150 Ericsson ABS2200 routers
trying to terminate an ipsec vpn connection at the same time.

My theory is that too much too quick. I am currently bringing these
connections up 1-by-1 by dropping all attempts on port 500 and then
allowing each attempt and giving it time to process.

Has this behaviour been spotted and does someone have a recommendation?

Regards

Werner