[Openswan Users] openswan, cisco pix and nat problem

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Thu May 12 14:32:59 CEST 2005

Hello List,
I have a problem with connections to a cisco pix. The VPN Partner wants me to
nat/masquerade my traffic with my outside public IP.
How do I specify that in my ipsec.conf?
Are the following lines correct?
       left=my_pub_IP
       leftsubnet=local_subnet
       right=pub_IP_of_vpn_partner
       rightsubnet=remote_subnet
Or do I have to insert the remote_IP/32 in the righsubnet field?

The other question is:
Has anybody solved Masquerading/Natting the VPN traffic, so that connections
from several local to several remote hosts are possible?

Thanks for helping!

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Markus Feilner