[Openswan Users] wrong gateway ip assigned

Luca Ballerini luca.ballerini at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:16:29 CEST 2005

First of all I'd like to thanks everyone for the prompt answer.
># Enable packet forwarding
>
># echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

I already had this configured

On 5/10/05, Jacco de Leeuw <jacco2 at dds.nl> wrote:
> Paul Wouters wrote:
>
> > Windows has an option to disable this: Click on the VPN connection, go
> > to properties, then Networking, then
> > TCP properties, then Advanced, and then unselect "Use default gateway on
> > remote network".
>
> This is the 'split tunnelling' I mentioned earlier.
>
> There is a security risk in this. The client can access the Internet while
> while connected to the VPN, but the reverse is also true. If the client
> is hacked, it can be a conduit for accessing the VPN.

I tried this also before but all the posts made me thinking about some
iptables rules I saw configured in the box.

Now everything works as expected, but I noticed (doing 'ipconfig' on
winxp clients) that the netmask assigned is 255.255.255.255 instead of
255.255.255.0, how can I correct this???

I thought was an l2tp issue so I add "netmask 255.255.255.0"

in /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd.lns

but nothing changed.

Any hints??????

thanks in advance

--
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.
Aristotle