[Openswan Users] Firewall rules for Openswan and Ipsec tool in win xp...

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 11:17:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

   I am using Openswan 2.3.1 VPN server on FC3
2.6.9smp kernel.  It is behind a NAT and I have natted
ports 4500, and 500.  The issue is when using
l2tpd+x509cert from Winxp with VPN dialer is working
fine.  But when using Mullers' ipsec.exe tool, with
the below configs in the ipsec.conf of Winxp pc.... I
am unable to ping my network.. It doesnt even give
negotiating message, but host unreacheable....

Should I have to write some more firewall rules to
open the ports in my NAT.

I have SP2 with support tools and ipseccmd.exe file..

Winxp is a roadwarrior on dialup...

Please advise me...

Ipsec.conf on Winxp...

conn roadwarrior
        pfs=yes
        left=%any
        right=202.x.x.x
        rightsubnet=192.168.2.0/24
        rightca="C=IN, S=state, L=location, O=company,
OU=IT, CN=name, E=name at company.com"
        network=auto
        auto=start

Regards,