[Openswan Users] X.509 cert problem

Glenn MacGregor gtm at highstreetnetworks.com
Thu Mar 31 15:48:00 CEST 2005

Sorry,

I got openswan 2.3.0 source rpm and built it on RHEL 4. On the RH8 box I did the
same. I did notice that on the RH8 box I have openssl 0.9.6b-33 while on the
RHEL 4 box I have openssl 0.9.7a-43.1

Does openssl 2.3.0 not support something in that new version of openssl?

Quoting Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com>:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Glenn MacGregor wrote:
>
> > I have just upgraded from the RedHat 8 to RHEL 4 (2.4 -> 2.6 kernel). My
> > configuration was working on RH8 it no longer works with RHEL. It seems to
> bomb
> > out early in the checking of the certs.
>
> So I assume you also got a new openswan version?
>
> > cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for
> > 216.204.182.20[C=US, ST=Massachusetts, L=Tewksbury, O=HighStreet
> Networks,
> > CN=Glenn MacGregor,
> E=gtm at highstreetnetworks.com]:17/0...216.204.2.10[C=US,
>
> Probably you need to change the old style proto=17/0 to 17/%any

Tried that, still failes same way.

> Paul

Glenn MacGregor
HighStreet Networks