[Openswan Users] Simple Config

Glenn MacGregor gtm at highstreetnetworks.com
Mon Mar 21 13:09:48 CET 2005

Hi All,

I have openswan funning on a redhat 8 box. I have made no changes to the
configuration, when I do /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipsec --status I get:

IPsec running
pluto pid 2108
3 tunnels up

How can I have 3 tunnels up? I just installed this software.

Also I am looking to run a simple test using this RedHat 8 box and a WinXP box.
I want to make the connection from XP to the redhat 8 security gateway using
shared keys. Can you point me to some docs about that. I have seen a bunck of
stuff about X.509 but not secrets. I am not too familar with X.509 so I want to
test with shared keys while I read about X.509

Thanks

  Glenn

Glenn MacGregor
HighStreet Networks