[Openswan Users] Problems "No preshared key found for..:" - still a bug?

Jörg Bartz joerg.bartz at comnet.de
Thu Mar 17 11:29:26 CET 2005

In late January somebody mentioned a bug in the 2.3.0 version.

It was about the error message: "Can't authenticate: no preshared key
found for '192.168.222.1' and '%any'. Attribute
OAKLEY_AUTHENTICATION_METHOD." when "%any" is inserted in the
ipsec.secrets file.

I just update our vpn gateway to 2.3.0 and now come to the same error.
As soon as I enter a fixed IP in ipsec.secrtes the tunnel fires up -
using "%any" or 0.0.0.0 leads to the error again. in ipsec.conf it still
is right=%any - so this doesn't seem to have influence on this issue...

Has anybody gotten further than me? Due to lack of programming skill
this is where it ends for me :-(

best wishes

Jörg Bartz
ComNet GmbH