[Openswan Users] OpenSwan 1.0.7

Riccardo Ghiglianovich riccardo at logicalsystem.it
Tue Mar 15 15:30:30 CET 2005

Hi people,
I am new here;
My firewall is Ipcop 1.4.2; it uses OpenSwan 1.0.7 as VPN manager.
I have about 10 Vpns started on that Box; on the other sides thare are
a lot of different boxes, for example, ipcop, various brand and models
of routers, Symantec appliances, CheckPoint firewalls.

I'd like to know if and how much  this version of ipsec is reliable,
because I have some problems.

The first one is on a VPN between my IpCop and a Symantec Appliance VPN
200 R:
	the vpn is net-to-net; sometimes, about every some minutes, the
connection hangs; no errors neither strange messages on
/var/log/messages, just  connection hungs; after about a minue or two,
the connection restarts itself .

other problem is bettween two Ipcop with the same version of ipsec. The
same issue happened: the connection hangs. The only way to restart it
was the reload (ipctrl S) of the connection.

thank you ,
regards,
Ric