[Openswan Users] May I set up a tunnel to protect only somepacket

Xiuduan Fang xf4c at cs.virginia.edu
Sat Mar 12 12:18:48 CET 2005

Thank you for your help. The left/rightprotoport parameters work. But once I
used these parameters, I found only the packets through the designate ports
were allowed, and all the other packets were suppressed.  For instance, I
set left/rightprotoport to be icmp, then I could ping the other end host and
the packtes were also protected but I could not use sftp or other
applications. This is not what I want. I want to protect only some packets
but all the other packets are still allowed to pass in clear text. Any
hints?