[Openswan Users] compilation fails (setting aggressive and xauth to false)

Albert Siersema appie at friendly.net
Wed Jun 29 12:58:16 CEST 2005

(openswan 2.3.1 code base)

I think this is more developers question, but here it goes anyway:

I was browsing Makefile.inc and decided to flip some vars, like:

USE_AGGRESSIVE?=false
USE_XAUTH?=false
USE_NAT_TRAVERSAL_TRANSPORT_MODE?=false <-- only for IPsec/L2TP ?
(setting this to true causes the define
'I_KNOW_TRANSPORT_MODE_HAS_SECURITY_CONCERN_BUT_I_WANT_IT'
to show up during compiles)

Setting these USE_ vars to false however causes the compile to fail
miserably. Does this mean the aggressive and xauth patches can't be 'undone'?

I tried a lil to get it to compile again with:

programs/pluto/Makefile:

# whether or not to enable aggressive mode exchanges.
ifeq ($(USE_AGGRESSIVE),true)
AGGRESSIVE=1
else
AGGRESSIVE=0
endif

AGGRESSIVE_DEFS=-DAGGRESSIVE=$(AGGRESSIVE)
ifeq ($(USE_AGGRESSIVE),true)
# This compile option activates xauth code and modecfg needed by xauth
AGGRESSIVE_OBJS=${AGGRESSIVE_DIST_OBJS}
AGGRESSIVE_SRCS=${AGGRESSIVE_DIST_SRCS}
endif

but that won't work either. Maybe it needs some more tweaking of code, but
that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of including vars in a Makefile
when changing their values doesn't work.

Could anyone shed any light on this ?

Albert