[Openswan Users] Extruded subnet problem

Gömöri Zoltán suf at freemail.hu
Mon Jun 27 16:46:21 CEST 2005

Hi,

> You are using NETKEY, which grabs the packet somewhere deep
> in the packet pie,
> and releases it somewhere else in the packet pie.
>
> You can either try to lower the mtu on the Windows machines,
> or you can try
> to run Herbert Xu's patch, which still needs to be
> incorporated into CVS
> that addresses this issue by disabling some of the PMTU functionality.
>
> See http://bugs.xelerance.com/view.php?id=344 for the patch.
> I would be
> interested to know if this patch fixes your problem.

This patch unfortunately doesn't solved my problem. Can you give me some
advise how can I further investigate this problem? I really wouldn't like to
lower the MTU or switch on the PMTU Black Hole Detection on all of the
machines communicate thru VPN tunnels. The main problem is, that is not a
PMTU issue. It looks like if I run any service on the gateway's local IP
address will be unreachable because the reply IP packet is sent thru the
tunnel instead of the local subnet.

Zoltan