[Openswan Users] Openswan-2.3.1, kernel 2.4.24, NAT-T patch errors

Sandor Geller wildy at balabit.hu
Thu Jun 23 10:55:21 CEST 2005

2005-06-23, cs keltezéssel 09.44-kor Andrej Trobentar ezt írta:

> Hello all,
>
> When I try to patch my kernel with the NAT-T patch I get following errors :
>
> [root at ns openswan-2.3.1]# make nattpatch | (cd /usr/src/linux-2.4 &&
> patch -p1)
> patching file include/net/sock.h
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 434 with fuzz 1 (offset -54 lines).
> patching file net/Config.in
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 103 (offset 15 lines).
> patching file net/ipv4/udp.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 804 (offset 17 lines).
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 1081 (offset 17 lines).
> [root at ns openswan-2.3.1]#
>
> I have downloaded the kernel from kernel.org and recompiled it for my
> machine - so this means I have a working kernel. But, then when I wan't
> to patch it with the above mentioned patch I get the errors above.

These are just warnings, not errors, simply ignore them. patch
successfully replaced the original code with the code in the hunk, but
the starting line number of the replaced code differs by #offset from
the line number which is stored in the patch. Sometimes this could be a
real problem, when there are several instances of the same code in a
file, and patch selects a wrong one to replace.

--
Geller Sandor
wildy at balabit.hu