[Openswan Users] A working sample linux-linux ipsec conf with PSK searched !

foren titze foren.titze at gmx.net
Wed Jun 22 10:27:29 CEST 2005

hello,

I habe an working windowsXP/l2tp/ipsec to linux/l2tp/ipsec connection,

but when I try to open a tunnel from linux to linux only per ipsec without
l2tp I don't get an IP from the server and whatever I have tried (setup a
route manually ...) I can't ping though the tunnel.

Do I have to make always two connections? one to the server and one to the
subnet behind him? like conn-gw and conn-gw-subnet

My setup is Openswan 2.3.1 with kernel Openswan U2.3.1/K2.6.11.7 on Debian
stable. I have compiled all by myself.

has anyone an idea?

Thanks Ben