[Openswan Users] ocsp & openswan

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Fri Jun 17 21:25:49 CEST 2005

Hi David,

by "http post" I mean that OCSP uses the HTTP protocol as a transport
medium. This does not imply that the well-known http port 80 must be
used. If the OCSP server listens on port x then the OCSP URI must
be defined as:

ca strongswan
	cacert=strongswanCert.pem
	ocspuri=http://ocsp.strongswan.org:x
	auto=add

in ipsec.conf or if you include an authorityInfoAccess extension
in the end entity certificates:

 authorityInfoAccess=OCSP;URI:http://ocsp.strongswan.org:x

Of course you are free to choose port 80 for the OCSP service.
In that case you won't need to specify any port number in the OCSP URI.

Regards

Andreas