[Openswan Users] cross-compiling openswan-2.3.0 for arm-linux-2.4

Jerome Kaidor jerry at tr4.tr2.com
Wed Jun 15 07:42:46 CEST 2005

naveen kumar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I am trying to cross compile openswan-2.3.0 for ARM

> trying to compile the kernel "make dep bzImage" , then
> the following errors are coming.

*** OK, you have two definitions of "strstr".  One came in
with Openswan, the other one from the kernel.  My guess would
be that the kernel one is correct, but you should make sure that
it is correct for the ARM processor.  Things like this - looking
for substrings - are VERY dependant on processor architecture,
especially byte order.

   I would look through the Openswan source and find out WHY
they felt they needed their own strstr.  This sounds like a failure
in autoconf - I'm not sure if it's used for Openswan.

                 - Jerry Kaidor ( jerry at tr2.com )