[Openswan Users] Re: IPsec hangs when server closes the connection

androef androef at caramail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:29:19 CEST 2005

> And are you using "listen-addr 127.0.0.1"
If I omit this, it works.

Stop! I said I use it. I tried. (I promise.) But it doesn't work.

I suspect the problem with the hanging IPsec depends on L2TPD.
If it hangs, I can try the following:

/etc/init.d/l2tpd stop
/etc/init.d/l2tpd start
route add default ppp0

Then the connection is up and running again. An now I can shut it down normally.
Sometimes it works, but sometimes not. I have no ideas - even how to get log data from l2tpd.
It produces nothing in /var/log/messages.

Additionally the system can't shutdown completely, if I can't fix the error.
The last message is "cardmanager is exiting" or something like that.