[Openswan Users] Dynamic DNS

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jun 6 18:21:11 CEST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Filipe Dias Mota wrote:

>  I'am using openswan 1.0.9 on Debian woody.
> Is it possible to config openswan to connect to a roadwarrior with dynamic
> DNS?
> i.e I want to config right paramater with a dynamic DNS name.
>
> Is it possible??????

Yes you can, but since the resolving happens when the connection loads, you
will need to run some script to check the dns status, and 'ipsec auto --replace'
the connection when the dynamic dns entry changes. See freshmeat.net for a bunch
of tools that can be used for this.

   "I am not even supposed to be here today!"  -- Clerics