[Openswan Users] No preshared key found

tvsjr tvsjr at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 30 15:58:29 CET 2005

I'll bump the system back up to 2.3.0 later in the day and try using a fixed
right IP address. That'll also give me an opportunity to check the output of
ipsec --rereadsecrets.

Encryption methods under Windoze are totally non-configurable. The only
thing selectable is the L2TP/PPP authentication used (EAP, PAP, CHAP, etc.)
Nothing about the crypto type of the IPSEC tunnel. My guess is, MS attempts
to make a 3DES connection, which results in failed authentication. Perhaps
assuming that the connection can't handle 3DES, it drops down to 1DES and
tries it again.

I'm still of the opinion that is the result of some small bug in 2.3.0.
Perhaps I can track it down a bit further.

More later...
Terry