[Openswan Users] Openswan + l2tp. check ipsec.secrets [FAILED]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jan 28 13:37:56 CET 2005

> I'm trying configure the openswan with l2tp for connect windows clients, i try configure using the howto http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-l2tp.php, but when run the command 'ipsec verify', it return FAILED in checking RSA key. Somebody knows because?

You can ignore that error, since you are not using raw RSA keys when using
L2TP. You can get rid of the warning by using:

ipsec newhostkey --output /etc/ipsec.secrets

> Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
>    Looking for TXT in forward dns zone: VPN-GW-DBBAU         [MISSING]
>    Does the machine have at least one non-private address?    [FAILED]

You can ignore this too.

> My /etc/ipsec.secrets:
>
> : RSA darkstar.key "123456"

do change your passphrase later on, and use something a lot more stonger
then that :P

> If I ignone the erros and trying the connect the connect windows client, the windows show only "Connecting 10.0.0.1" infinity.

That's a completely different issue. I think you need to supply us with more
information before we can tell you anything about this.

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton