[Openswan Users] openswan

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jan 28 11:46:03 CET 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, [UTF-8] ??? wrote:

> I'm working on a project to develop Vpn Router for commercial use, I'm
> wondering if I need buy a special license for commercial use, and where or

No. Openswan is released under the GPL. For the exact conditions of use, please
see the file "COPYING" that ships with every openswan release. Basicly you
can use openswan for commercial use, but if you change the code and ship it
to customers, they need to have the same freedom you had, and you are required
to make your changes to the code available under the GPL licence.  Ofcourse,
the easiest way to do so is to report the changes back to the Openswan
community, so they get included in the standard distribution for all to benefit
from.

> who I should contact to get technical support(Japanese) in Japan.

Xelerance offers various kinds of commercial support for Openswan, but we
do not have a Japanese presence. See http://www.xelerance.com/ or contact
Patrick (included in the CC:) offlist.