[Openswan Users] Problem with vpn network

Nicole.Haehnel nicole.haehnel at gmx.net
Wed Jan 26 13:57:31 CET 2005

Hi,

now I know the problem, or a part of it.

VPN1------INET-----DSL-Router----VPN2

The tunnel is working between VPN1 and VPN2 until the router dials a new
connection.
After this the tunnel is still up, but no packets go through it.
Restarting ipsec is not working.

I configured ipsec to start the tunnel only from VPN2 behind the router.
Maybe I have to start the tunnel from VPN1?

But how do I have to change the config?
I configured dyndns for the router and know the public ip.
The router has 10.27.168.1 and VPN2 has 10.27.168.2.
"Right" is dyndns-name, but what is rightnexthop?
Or do I need something else?

VPN1:

config setup
    interfaces="ipsec0=eth1"