[Openswan Users] Help with Openswan setup SUSE 9.2 <-> Win2K

John Simeone jsimeone at inplex.com
Sat Jan 22 11:19:35 CET 2005

Hi, again.

I corrected a number of errors in my ipsec.conf file

The attached gzip file represents the relevant SUSE machine's log file
entries after those corrections, restarting openswan, starting Müller's
ipsec on the Win2K box and pinging the server.

My ipsec.conf on Windows is:

conn host-to-host
  left=%any
  right=192.168.32.2
  rightca="C=CA, S=Ontario, L=Toronto, O=The Corporation, CN=INC Master
Cert"
  rightid="C=CA, O=The Corporation, CN=Host1"
  rightrsasigkey=%cert
  network=auto
  auto=start
  pfs=yes

Müller's ipsec starts up without any problem and gives a "Activating
policy ..." message before exiting.

I see messages regarding bad payload data in the packets coming from the
Win2k machine.

Can anyone suggest next steps to debug this connection.

Thanks.

John