[Openswan Users]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jan 20 01:24:20 CET 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, s.k. wrote:

> Has anybody managed to get a positive experience building the
>
> openswan-2.3.0.tar.gz with RHEL v3 kernel 2.4.21-27 ?

This is known not to work at this point. 2.3.0 added KLIPS support for
2.6. Since the RHEL is a hybrid 2.4/2.6 kernel, it needs to get tweaked
properly to work, probably using a special define.

Patches are welcome :)

Look at the #ifdef NET_26 areas in linux/net/ipsec/*
Some changes are obvious, but I haven't had the resources to finish the
non-obvious ones.

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton