[Openswan Users] ipsec.conf (and ipsec.secrets) parameters

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jan 18 10:41:29 CET 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Steve wrote:

>> 'man ipsec.conf' & 'man ipsec.secrets' ? :)
>>

> if i'm not mistaken this is a generic freeswan version of 'man'. it does not
> include the full parameters list for e.g. the crypto supports and new
> features like dpd, etc. I am wondering if anyone out there has a complete
> reference to the ipsec.conf, which is openswan centric.

It should. If you find something missing, please file this as a bug report
to either bugs.openswan.org or dev at openswan.org.

you can also find information in /usr/share/doc/openswan-2.3.0 if installed
by rpm, the openswan-doc rpm or in openswan-2.3.0/doc/ and openswan-2.3.0/docs

My ipsec.conf man page says:

dpddelay      Set  the  delay (in seconds) between Dead Peer Dectection
               (RFC 3706) keepalives (R_U_THERE, R_U_THERE_ACK) that are
               sent  for  this  connection (default  30  seconds).   If
               dpdtimeout is set, but not dpddelay, dpddelay will be set to
               the default.

etc