[Openswan Users] Re: Wierd ISAKMP message

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jan 14 17:35:17 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Shaheen Ali wrote:

> Sorry to confuse you.  The strangely formed packet was from a simulator,

Ohhh. Then it would be so much more useful to test against openswan-2,
since openswan-1 is in maintanance mode only, and hasn't seen any active
development in a year.

> it was generated intentionally.  My question is whether or not that is a
> legit packet.  I may not have mentioned that this was the first message in
> a main mode phase 1 negotiation.
>
> I did a little RFC digging and 2409, section 5 seems to say that you
> cannot have two proposals just many transforms in one proposal.

So if Openswan-2 does not drop this on the floor or send an error back,
please report it as a bug. But I think we handle this case properly.