[Openswan Users] having extremly tough time configuring openswan----- Help needed immediately

Pabby pabby_s at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 00:57:09 CET 2005

hi,

I've got a tough time configuring openswan. Please
help.

client side stuff is

client gateway : a.b.c.d

client encryption domain: t.y.u.i
netmask:255.255.255.255

VPN scheme:	IKE
Phase 1 authentication:		Shared secret - this will be
communicated over thephone at time of connection
> > Phase 1 algorithm:		Diffie-Hellman Group 2
> > Phase 1 mode:		Main
> > Phase 1 lifetime:		One day (1440minutes, or 86400
seconds)
> > Phase 2 perfect forward secrecy:		No
Phase 2 encapsulation:		ESP
> > Phase 2 lifetime:		Eight hours (480 minutes, or
28800 seconds)
> > Supports subnets:		Yes

I've attached my ipsec.conf file please help as my job
is about to be lost on this. this is extremly
important to me.

ipsec.conf

config setup

        interfaces=%defaultroute

        klipsdebug=none
        plutodebug=none

conn %default
   # How persistent to be in (re)keying negotiations
(0 means very).
        keyingtries=0
   # Load all connection descriptions by default
   # Some will override this with auto=start
             authby=shared secret
	      keyexchange=ike

        auto=add

conn con1
      # left security gateway
        left=a.b.c.d
      # next hop to reach right
        leftnexthop=
      # subnet behind left (omit if there is no
subnet)
        leftsubnet=<<client’s subnet>>
      # right s.g., subnet behind it, and next hop to
reach left
        right=<<my Server address>>
      # if using %defaultroute, skip rightnexthop
        rightnexthop=<<my Router address>
        rightsubnet=<<my subnet>>
        auto=start