[Openswan Users] client configuration

Z F mail4me9999 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 07:47:36 CET 2005

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem which I think is solvable with openswan.
I do not understand how one should configure the openswan client.
Here is my situation:

My university provides windows users with Cisco VPN client software to
connect to the university network and they do not support Linux. I
would like to use Linux.

In the Cisco software I have to enter "group name" and "group password"
and my user name and password.

As far as I understood, the "group name" is a presharedkey, maybe
the password too, but what about the user name and password?

Also, the university gives me a dynamic IP address.

If someone could help me out or point me to the right documentation, I
would be very thankful.

Thank you very much for your kind help

Lazar