[Openswan Users] ipsec interfaces

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jan 6 14:33:21 CET 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Dan Ferris wrote:

> I'm using OpenSWAN on a SuSE 9.2 box that is acting as an IPSEC/L2TP gateway
> for my wireless network.
>
> Everything works great except for one really annoying thing.
>
> There is no ipsec0 interface.

That's normal when using NETKEY instead of KLIPS. It's how netkey works.
if you want klips, you can try to build a openswan-klips package using:
rpmbuild -ba openswan-2/packaging/redhat/openswan.spec

Note that rpms will appear on the ftp server later today. klips seems to
work fine on x86_64 (AMD Athlon 64) but on redhat kernel sources it will
explode. We have not yet tested this on the suse kernels.

If you want to build rpms youself, checkout the PRE2.3 tree from cvs, as
I made some fixes for rpm building to that tree a few hours ago.