[Openswan Users]

mario.lobo at ipad.com.br mario.lobo at ipad.com.br
Mon Feb 28 18:37:33 CET 2005

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

> What failed? compile or using the module?
With KLIPS in the kernel:
The compiling, making the kernel RPM and the install went through without a glitch !!
Even when I started openswan, I got the established message. At the first attempt of trying to
connect to the machine OUTSIDE the tunnel (ssh, http, etc..), those kernel messages would scroll up
the screen lightning fast and the machine would lockup. No even the reset or power button would
work !! kernel panic.

with KLIPS  2.6.9-1.724 and corresponding kernel (downloaded rpm):

Install of both went fine. The errors repeated themselves except that with the module, the machine
would not lockup. But with every attempt for a coneection (non tunneled) the errors would scroll up
again.

service ipsec restart didnt have any effect on the errors.
-
   //|  //||
-//--//---|| ARIO LOBO
mario.lobo at ipad.com.br