[Openswan Users]

mario.lobo at ipad.com.br mario.lobo at ipad.com.br
Mon Feb 28 17:10:44 CET 2005

Hello;

I´ve tried with kernel 2.6.10 and patched up to 2.6.11, both from kernel.org and still can´t get
KLIPS to work with any of them.

I tried downgrading the kernel down to 2.5.0 (with all the in-between) to no avail.

I tried openswan-klips-2.3.0-2.6.9_1.724_FC3_1.i386.rpm and openswan-2.3.0 rpm with
kernel-2.6.9_1.724_FC3.rpm and I got the same kind of kernel error messages I had when compiling
KLIPS into the kernel.

Finally, I gave up (for now) using KLIPS and started trying NET_KEY. The tunnel is established but
I can´t gaet data to flow through it !!  I am MARKing the esp packets on iptables, which worked.
Before the mark, when the tunnel was established, I would loose regular connection (ssh, telnet,
etc..). I can see the ESP packet getting on the remote machine but somehow they are not getting de-
crypted ( I miss ipsec0 so much :-( !! ).

Has anyone had any experience/success setting openswan with NET_KEY?

Thanks in advance,
--
   //|  //||
mario.lobo at ipad.com.br