[Openswan Users] %trap problem

Vinod Chandran vinod_chandran at multitech.co.in
Mon Feb 28 16:54:03 CET 2005

Hi all,

We have a tunnel between two Linux boxes. I had changed the date of one
of the boxes to cause a rekeying.
The rekeying succeded and new SAID was allocated.

Then one of the boxes was improperly shutdown.
Now when I check the eroute on the other box, the SAID is marked as
%trap, all packets sent to the subnet contained in the ipsec tunnel are
getting dropped as expected, since there is no tunnel set up.

What I am worried about is why did the eroute not get removed off, once
the rekeying fails( which I think is the reason for the presence of
%trap and subsequently %hold).  Should the eroute delete be explicitly
called from outside by the user.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod C