[Openswan Users] distributing routing on two parallel tunnels

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Fri Feb 25 10:54:08 CET 2005

Hello,

Most of our remote VPN gateways have two DSL connections from different
ISP's for redundancy. Until now our strategy has been to maintain a
single tunnel on the most reliable DSL link, and, in the event it goes
down, to switch the tunnel to the second link.

A better way would be to have two parallel tunnels using both
connections and route packets according to each tunnel's availability
and latency.

Can this be done?

Is it simply a matter of having two routes to the same subnet and
letting the kernel do its thing? Or does it require special tweaking?

Thanks,

--
Veni, Vidi, VISA.