[Openswan Users] How do I set up openswan of an entire subnet?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 23 22:02:22 CET 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

> >> ipsec__plutorun: 029 "test": cannot initiate connection without knowing
> >> peer IP address (kind=CK_TEMPLATE)
> >>
> >> My config for "test":
> >>
> >> conn test
> >>  left=%defaultroute
> >>  right=0.0.0.0
> >
> > you should specify right= with the proper IP, and use rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
> >
> proper IP == one of the IPs of my network or what did you mean by "proper
> ip" .

The gateway? I am not entirely sure what your plan was. I thought trying to route all
traffic (0.0.0.0/0) via ipsec to the next machine (so all wifi gets encrypted)

> If so, as tunnel mode is the only possible configuration to allow
> "rightsubnet", aren't all packets then sent to %right ?

Yes, all packets except tunnel packets are encapsulated and send to right. Wasn't that
what you wanted?

If not, perhaps you better explain what it is you are trying to build