[Openswan Users] crash with NAT-T

marcos at v2r.com.br marcos at v2r.com.br
Wed Feb 23 12:31:44 CET 2005

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 marcos at v2r.com.br wrote:
>
>> Feb 22 23:43:56 FWE pluto[402]: no KLIPS support for AH
>> Feb 22 23:43:56 FWE pluto[402]: no KLIPS support for ESP
>> Feb 22 23:43:56 FWE pluto[402]: no KLIPS support for IPCOMP
>> Feb 22 23:43:56 FWE pluto[402]: no KLIPS support for IPIP
>
> Something went seriously wrong in your compile it seems.
>
> Paul

The problem is that I think: I apply the patch, compile the kernel, but
use the old ipsec.o module. That module was compile with vanila kernel
source
Is need to recompile the module.
The module compile to an 2.4 vanila kernel source (no applied nat-t
patch),  do not work and crash a machine that have kernel whit nat-t
patch.

Now it is obvious for me...
I think that information may be put in the README in openswan tarball.
"...if you apply the nat-t patch and recompile the kernel, recompile the
module (openswan) ipsec.o."

thanks,
Marcos Tadeu