[Openswan Users] Opportunistic DNS record

Douglas Sterner DSterner at arnoldtrans.com
Tue Feb 22 15:24:36 CET 2005

To clear up the opp DNS errors I created the correct dns record internally
does this need to be in my external dns records or did I just not
configure something correctly. I do have my vpn server acting as a caching
DNS server only. Will that be a problem?

Version check and ipsec on-path      [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.3.0/K2.6.8-24.11-smp (netkey)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets) [OK]
Checking that pluto is running [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding [OK]
Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing       [OK]
Checking for 'ip' command         [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command              [OK]
Checking for 'setkey' command for NETKEY IPsec stack support [OK]

Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
   Looking for TXT in forward dns zone: chpas-linuxvpn [MISSING]
   Does the machine have at least one non-private address? [OK]
   Looking for TXT in reverse dns zone: 135.120.246.65.in-addr.arpa.
[MISSING]

Thanks

Douglas Sterner