[Openswan Users] Getting KLIPS into 2.6.10

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Feb 22 19:30:07 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Paul Overton wrote:

> I had to modify _startklips (in /usr/local/lib/ipsec) to get the system to
> auto-load the ipsec.ko module correctly. Use modprobe rather than insmod

I changed the insmod to modprobe in HEAD. I think insmod was used for small
embedded systems that don't have modprobe or module dependancies, but AFAIK
insmod requires the full path which we didn't give on that line, so modprobe
is better there.

Embedded systems should insmod the module before starting openswan.