[Openswan Users] Multiple connections on one interface?

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Feb 22 00:44:12 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 06:15:27PM -0500, Bill Fenwick wrote:

> All seems reasonably well, except that I can't get more than one machine at
> a time to connect.  The first XP client connects (NAT-Traversal appears to
> work fine), but no subsequent machine can do so until the first one
> disconnects.
>
> conn bill
>         rightcert=bill.pem
>
> conn circe
>         rightcert=bill.pem

You need to create a separate certificate for this connection.

(I would not be surpised if you already have a circe.pem
and that this is just a bad copy & paste job :-)

There is one situation where this will not work: when both
clients are behind the same NAT device. That is not supported
by Linux NAT-T. There is a workaround but it is not for the
faint of heart. See my webpage for that.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw            mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl
Zaandam, The Netherlands  http://www.jacco2.dds.nl