[Openswan Users] Getting KLIPS into 2.6.10

Marcus Leech mleech at nortel.com
Mon Feb 21 10:56:32 CET 2005

I'm running an FC3 system with Kernel 2.6.10-766_FC3

I initially installed OpenSwan 2.3.1 using the native NETKEY kernel
  IPSEC stack, but I'd rather have KLIPS.

So I did what INSTALL told me to do:

make KERNELSRC=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build module minstall

Which went largely without incident, except for trying to install some
documentation.

My /lib/modules/{version}/kernel    directory now has a (large!)
ipsec.ko  module in it.

But when I rebooted, I found that the native IPSEC stack was being used,
instead of
  KLIPS, and Pluto was reporting that it was using the native 2.6 IPSEC
stack.

What *else* do I need to do to get it to use KLIPS instead of NETKEY?