[Openswan Users] Installing Openswan 2.3.0 on Suse 9.1

t.henneberger at hcs-computer.de t.henneberger at hcs-computer.de
Fri Feb 18 11:18:34 CET 2005

Hello

This may be a stupid question, but pleas bear with me ;) I know a lot
about IPSec and everything, but I am rather new to Linux ;)

I am trying to install Openswan 2.3.0 on a Suse 9.1 (2.6.4-52 Kernel).
I downloaded the 2.3.0 rpm, but can't install it with ./rpm -i openswan-2.3.0-1suse9x
because I have failed dependencies, namely ipsec-tools and libgmp.so.3 missing.

The newest ipsec-tools for Suse (as rpm) are 0.3, but I don't want to use such an
old version (x.509 security problem). I found the 0.5 version on the ipsec-tools homepage,
but they have no rpm, only sources.

My question is:
a) Do I need the Ipsec-Tools?
b) How do I install this source? I tried building an rpm with the source, but failed ;(

Again, sorry, but I can't find anything helping me via Google, the Freeswan docu, or the
archive of this mailing list.

Thanks for your time.

T. Henneberger