[Openswan Users] Re: [strongSwan] fragmentation in *swan implementations

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Thu Feb 17 16:47:45 CET 2005

Hi Norbert,

I'm not aware that *swan does any IP fragmentation on its own for
IKE datagrams. It would be interesting to know if the 1580 byte datagram
leaves the the gateways in one piece or already as two separate IP fragments.
It would also helpful to know if the one or both fragments arrive at the
XPclient.  Running a network sniffer on both the client and the gateway
will shed some light on this matter.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen at strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Zürichweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65