[Openswan Users] upgrade freeswan 2.04 -> openswan

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Feb 10 13:04:17 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, jef peeraer wrote:

> can i upgrade my freeswan on the server with an openswan version ? server has
> suse 9.1, kernel 2.6.5-7.111.30-smp.
> i noticed some complete lockups of the server, could it be caused by the ipsec
> kernel code ?

[ some of this discussed on irc, writing for the archives ]

He is using netkey, not klips, and experiencing lock ups of his machine. He
will try to upgrade to openswan-2.

Note that the smp crasher that is known is a crashing in klips, so that is not
the bug he is seeing.

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton