[Openswan Users] Suse 9.2 Openswan 2.3 - Ipsec missing

martin hochreiter linuxbox at wavenet.at
Mon Feb 7 14:19:33 CET 2005

>SuSE 9.2 has Kernel 2.6. There are not IPsec IF any more. See also Linux
>Magazin 12/2004 German version. Three solutions:
>- - Take SuSE 9.1, still 2.4 kernel, easy way out
>- - Kernel patch for ipsec IF in 2.6, experimental
>- - Apply marks for these packets and filter according to the marks. Tricky!

Hi Michael!

Thank you for your response. Unfortunetaly I'm not the
big 'Linux hacker' so the two possible solutions  are really
a challenge for me ...
To the proposals:
* I have updated all my servers to Suse 9.2, so I don't rather want
   back to Suse 9.1
* What about this patch - are there any reports/experience about the
   stability of this kernel?
* Is there something like a 'how -to' to filter those packets?

lg
Martin