[Openswan Users] Tunnel up but no routing

Joern Seemann joern at aumund.org
Fri Feb 4 21:14:12 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 16:42:12 +0000, tomk at runbox.com wrote:

> The leftsubnet and rightsubnet parameters need to be the same at both ends
> of the tunnel, Joern - you have them swapped around i.e. the first machine has

I'm not sure if I understand you right, but the configuration is largely the
same as several Howtos on the internet. As I understand the doc it doesn't
matter to have left/right on both sides identically.

However I'm maybe wrong, but when I swapped it nothing changes, even the routing
statements from 'ipsec auto status' are the same.

> Incidentally, it's probably not the best idea to post your public IP address to
> a public mailing list.

Yes and no. Public addresses are public, but there is nothing you can see (I
hope so ;) that thousands of scanners see every day.

Regards Joern
--
Wir ertrinken in Information, aber hungern nach Wissen - John Naisbitt
		Mein Weblog: http://horatio.aumund.org/