[Openswan Users] L2TP Windows XP Client with openswan

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Feb 3 02:06:00 CET 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Urmo wrote:

> makes my ipsec "reboot" endlessly. I.e. it sleeps for ten seconds, then
> tries again filling logs with huge amount of bootup messages, probably
> problem causing is "ASSERTION FAILED at connections.c:1293:
> isanyaddr(&c->spd.that.host_addr)". If I comment this line or set
> rightsubnet to something more reliable, it starts normally.

If this is an old version of openswan, please upgrade. If this is 2.3.0,
then please add dumpdir=/tmp in your config setup section, and you
should get a pluto core in /tmp. A gdb backtrace could be useful to us
to debug this issue further.

>> the proper PSK secret in /etc/ipsec.secrets. Since you sent
>> an id of "@it.hq.mwx.ee", this needs to match in the
>> ipsec.secrets file,eg:
>
> What authentication problem? My ipsec.secrets contained
> 194.106.125.147 %any: PSK "****************"
> and that passed quite ok according to the logs. At least as much as I could
> make out of it. If I deliberatly mistyped PSK at client side, log showed
> authentication failure quite clearly.

Ok. interesting, because we also got reports that %any in ipsec.secrets didn't
always seem to work. Thanks for the report.

"At best it is a theory, at worst a fantasy" -- Michael Crichton