[Openswan Users] VPN-1 Edge X to Openswan success (AES)

Jerome Kaidor jerry at tr4.tr2.com
Sun Dec 18 07:29:26 CET 2005

Jerome Kaidor wrote:

> > reasons you would probably want to install one of the other distributions
> > such as OpenWRT. And if you want to support dynamic IP addresses you will
> > have to use RSA keys or X.509 certificates.
> >
> *** The local computer surplus store had "reconditioned" WRT54G's for USD 40.
> I bought three of them to play with.  Will be installing OpenWRT and Openswan.
>
>                        - Jerry Kaidor ( jerry at tr2.com )

*** I now have four WRT54G's in hand.  Installed openWRT on one last night.
This is really neat stuff!  It's a recent 2.4.30 kernel.  The setup is
very straightforward, and there is a package manager that gets new packages
over the Internet, installs and configures them with the absolute minimum
of thought and typing.  Including Openswan....

                      - Jerry Kaidor ( jerry at tr2.com )