[Openswan Users] Assignment for Roadwarrior virtual IP addresses

Sean Knox sean at obstacle9.com
Thu Dec 15 10:08:51 CET 2005

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> How does one assign virtual IP addresses to RoadWarriors without using
> L2TP?

I've been wondering this, too. I've been using XAuth to configure
clients and have this working with the VPN Tracker client for Mac and
Safenet for Windows, but can't configure OpenSWAN correctly...if
OpenSWAN even supports it completely. Hopefully someone will chime in
with the right away to assign virtual IPs.

> It does appear that some commercial clients support IKE mode config but
> there is painfully little documentation on it.

I've found this to be true as well.

sk