[Openswan Users] IPSEC / L2TPNS under Debian sarge 3.1

mediatsitsi-vpn at yahoo.fr mediatsitsi-vpn at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 7 15:50:22 CET 2005

Hi and thanks for your first reply.

> Well, it is not Debian specific but take a look at:

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-l2tp.html

I've already take a look there and have install l2tpd
but it doesn't work.

# apt-get install rpm
# rpmbuild --rebuild l2tpd-0.69-10jdl.src.rpm
# alien /usr/src/RPMS/i386/l2tpd-0.69-10jdl.rpm
# dpkg -i l2tpd-0.69-10jdl.deb

All the files become under /usr (e.g:
/usr/etc/init.d/l2tpd ...)
And I've tried to move them into /etc then I can't
start it. It says a missing procedure/function script.

After I've installed l2tpd_0.70-pre20031121-2_i386.deb
and then I've got this message: This binary does not
support kernel L2TP

The l2tpd is running but there is no service which
listen the port 1701.

Please tell me how I must proceed to make those
services running well.
Thanks a lot.

http://thundarr.its.hawaii.edu/advanced/make_work/IPSec/Openswan_Windows_x509/index.html