[Openswan Users] Re: [Openswan dev]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Dec 6 15:59:27 CET 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, unkill wrote:

>     I want to established between Openswan and Cisco VPN with net-to-net mode. When I make openswan client with a certain ip address, the connection could be build. If openswan with a dynamic ip address, the connection can not be establish.

What error are you seeing? You should be able to use left=%defaultroute on
the openswan end when it is using a dynamic address.
Though you might need to specify an ID so that the Cisco knows the dynamic
IP is the openswan client. That is set using leftid=. If you want to set
leftid to some string (and not a hostname or ip) then use the @ symbol, eg
leftid=@openswanclient.