[Openswan Users] ARP cache

Lionel Cottin cottin at free.fr
Tue Dec 6 11:56:08 CET 2005

Dear list,

I did some tests yesterday evening but the problem remains (even after
an "ip neigh flush all")...
On Checkpoint's side, there's a virtual IP mapped to the MAC address
from the physical active node; so it's not using any virtual MAC address
(however it does use a virtual MAC in load balancing mode).

As I'm still able to connect on both OpenSwan nodes through SSH it
doesn't seem to be related to ARP entries on eth0 interfaces; that's why
I suspect a kind of  "ARP cache" on ipsec0.
Anyway, the workaround for now is to force an OpenSwan failover when a
Checkpoint failover is detected; but it would be nice to get it solved.
I keep trying to get a solution.

Last, note that I had not this problem before upgrading to KILPS
(OpenSwan 2.4.4 and kernel 2.4.32) and its ipsecX interfaces (before I
was running OpenSwan with RHEL3's kernels using NETKEY)...

Regards,
Lionel